Union Public Service Commission
Combined Geo-Scientist (Preliminary Examination) 2020
Chemist & Scientist Posts
Total Posts:- 40
UPSC CGS Recruitment 2020:
UPSC Combined Geo-Scientist (Preliminary Examination) 2020: The candidates applying for the examination should ensure that they fulfill all the eligibility conditions for admission to the Examination.
Their admission at all the stages of the examination will be purely provisional subject to satisfying the prescribed eligibility conditions.
- Last Date of Online Application: 27-10-2020 till 18.00 hrs.
- The online Applications can be withdrawn from 04-11-2020 to 10-11-2020 till 6.00 PM.
- The date for the Preliminary Exam: 21-02-2021.
- Date for Main Exam: 17 & 18-07-2021
- For Female/ ST/ SC/ PWD candidates: Nil.
- For Other Candidates: Rs.200/-.
- Payment Mode: Online/ Offline.
Age Limit (As on 01-01-2021):
- Minimum: 21 Years.
- Maximum: 32 Years.
- Age relaxation is applicable as per rules.
Educational Qualification for UPSC CGS Recruitment 2020:
- Applicants must have possessed a Master’s Degree/ M.Sc from a recognized university.
- For more details refer to the notification.
UPSC CGS Recruitment 2020 Vacancy Details:
Category-I: (Posts in the Geological Survey of India, Ministry of Mines)
- Chemist, ‘Group A’ (15)
Category-II: (Posts in the Central Ground Water Board, Ministry of Water Resources)
- Scientist ‘B’(Hydrogeology), Group ‘A’ (16)
- Scientist ‘B’(Chemical ) Group ‘A’ (03)
- Scientist ‘B’(Geophysics) Group ‘A’ (06)
- Selection will be based on written test (prelims & mains) & Personality test.
How to Apply for UPSC CGS Recruitment 2020:
- Candidates are required to apply Online using the “www.upsconline.nic.in”.
- Find Advertisement.
- Open the Notification and check the Eligibility.
- Then click for apply & fill-up the form correctly.
- Then click for the final submit button & print the application form.
- Official Notification:- Click Here
- Official Website:- Click Here
- Apply Online:- Part 1 Registration I Part 2 Registration